Saturday, November 8, 2014

Adalour...a new design.

Some time ago, Karen and Valerie of Mountain Meadow Wool handed me four skeins of their wonderful Wyoming Series Cody yarn in four colors....Charcoal, Silver, Teal, and Tesa Orange. And just so you will know....Cody is a 2-ply sport weight yarn which comes in 200 yd, 50g skeins.

Because this yarn is so soft and therefore perfect for being next to the skin, Karen, Valerie and I discussed the possibility of a largish cowl. The outcome I'm calling Adalour...for no other reason than I liked the sound of the name.

When it was finished, my husband and I went walked up to a nearby vineyard...ok, we kinda snuck up to the vineyard...early one morning and shot some photos. (Can I just say right now...I really hate being the model...but until I can find someone who will work for the cheap...I guess I am it.)

Adalour Cowl

...and while we are on the subject of largish cowls, they can be a bit difficult to wear, especially the stranded versions. If you just put them on without any styling, you get something like this...


...where the 'B' side out shines the 'A' side with all of the patterning.

Here's where the glorious shawl pin comes in...


allowing you to gather up the 'A' side for better viewing and keep the back of your neck warm.
The pin is from Jul Designs....if you are interested.

Another option that works as well is the dpn...which is actually kinda perfect for knitters.



So there you have it...new pattern...and a bit of large cowl styling.

I'm heading back to my needles...how 'bout you?

Varian

Brandon Knitting Designs
varianbrandon
VBknits

No comments:

Post a Comment