Sunday, November 23, 2014

Criosanna: a tale of a transatlantic cardigan

Ok, people, I've finally done it now. I have finally reformatted Criosanna to my template and released it to Ravelry.






This sweater was designed in 2009 and presented to Jamieson & Smith for use in their pattern collections. There were some issues with the written pattern (hey, I was new!) and the garment was mailed back to me to fix. When things were sorted out, it was returned across the Atlantic.

After a bit, J&S emailed to ask permission to send the pattern (and the sweater) to a leading British knitting magazine. Boy, howdy!

Time went by...and I never heard from the magazine.

By now it was 2011 and my husband and I were in Shetland for the Tall Ships race. While visiting J&S, I asked about the sweater. Apparently, the magazine was going through a reorganization and communications were a bit spotty. The J&S sales manager suggested I try to contact the editor myself....maybe I would have better luck.

On our return to the states, I did just that. The new editor was familiar with the sweater...which apparently was sitting in her office with no identification tags. She wanted to use it for the new magazine. Boy...hmmmm...ok.

Time went by...and I never heard anything else from the magazine...

...until another editor emailed.

It seems the reorganized magazine didn't make it...and another publisher had bought them out. This new editor had inherited the sweater in the transition...and wanted it for the August 2012 edition. hmmmmm...ok.

Criosanna appeared in the August issue of Knitwise in 2012. Woo-hoo!

After the designated exclusivity time, the rights were returned to me...and in May of 2013...so was the sweater!

Now things get crazy on this end....that same month we moved to North Carolina. September 2013, we purchased a new home. October 2013, we closed on our old house in Atlanta.

So...finally...a little over a year later...I have gotten my act together to reformat Criosanna to my pattern template...and here it is!

Whew! It has been a long ride...but done...and done.

Varian

Brandon Knitting Designs
Brandon Knitting Designs - Facebook
varianbrandon - Ravelry
VBknits - Twitter




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sweater! And more well travelled than me! I bet the sweater was even more beautiful than you remembered when you got her back!

    ReplyDelete