Monday, November 23, 2015

Indie Designer GAL - reporting day3

Ok, we’re up to day number 3 of searching on the Indie Designer Gift-A-Long.
Here’s what I have found to report on…
My friend Kathleen Dames is a sweater designer who loves a little romance. Currently, she has a number of designs in the various Jane Austen Knits collections. Several are included in her GAL bundle. My favorite has got to be An Aran for Anne, named for Anne Elliott from Persuasion. Just lovely!
An Aran for Anne by Kathleen Dames

Have you seen Tanja Osswald’s mitts patterns? Incredible! She also includes some very lovely shawls and even a pair of gingerbread men in her GAL bundle, but I am really mesmerized by the mitts.
My favorite? Cranberry Mittens…which are actually mitts…and wonderful!
Cranberry Mittens by Tanja Osswald

My favorite stranded pattern today is the Thrumviator by Michele Bernstein.
Thrumviator by Michele Berstein

This pattern has been out for a few years and I know it is thrummed and not actually stranded, but I just love it!
For my shameless plug, here are the Knights Banner Mitts.
Knights Banner Mitts by Varian Brandon

Made with 3 colors of Mountain Colors Weaver’s Wool, these guys have an easy stitch repeat which reminded me of the tents used by medieval knights.
You can find my complete bundle here.
That’s it for me today. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment