Friday, November 20, 2015

Ravelry's Indie Designer Gift-A-Long 2015 - reporting day 1

The Indie Designers Gift-A-Long is in full swing….November 19-November 27….25% off patterns offered in bundles by participating independent designers (including me!) You can find more information here.
Many knitters have said how overwhelming the sheer numbers of patterns offered is this year.
To help sort some things out, for the next few days, I plan to do three things…
1 - Highlight my favorites in the bundles of a group of fellow designers who are also friends,
2- Feature a couple of my favorite stranded patterns,
3 - Indulge in a bit of shameless self promotion and showoff one of my patterns.
So lets start with a couple of my fellow designers…
Clare Devine’s pattern bundle contains several lovely lace edged shawls, wonderful socks, and lots of gorgeous fun lace hat designs. Peppermint Leaves is one of my favorites…
Peppermint Leaves by Clare Devine

Libby Jonson designs under Truly Myrtle. Her design bundle includes drapey lace shawls and interesting lace hats. I had a hard time deciding which pattern I liked the best. The crescent-shaped Antipodes shawl won out.
Antipodes by Libby Jonson (Truly Myrtle)

Now for the stranded pick of the day…
Stephannie Tallent’s Byzantime Cowl has always been a favorite. I like both the pattern and the color selection.
Byzantine Cowl by Stephannie Tallent

Now for one of my patterns…
Here’s Weyburn.
Weyburn by Varian Brandon

FYI..the Weyburn’s rib is used in my business logo.
That’s it for now. More later.









Brandon Knitting Designs - website
Brandon Knitting Designs - Facebook
Ravelry - varianbrandon
Twitter - @vbknits
Pinterest - Varian Brandon
Instagram - varianbrandon
Periscope - @vbknits

No comments:

Post a Comment