Saturday, June 7, 2014

Next steps

I live in a small town. 703 permanent residents recorded in 2012. At least that is what it is the full time residents...the ones that live here year round. In the summer, the population increases by about 1000. Still a pretty small town.

We moved here from Atlanta. Yeah, I know. Somewhat of a culture shock...but not in a bad way. Believe me, we are loving every minute!

One of the things about a small town is there is no blending into the background. Hiding is kinda out of the question. So when asked to host the monthly gathering of community women...you can't exactly say no.

Ok, before you picture hundreds of women descending on my house in some SNL-type sketch, please know I am only talking 20 or so. It's a subgroup of the community at large.

Nevertheless, it has meant making the house presentable. Actually forget presentable, move straight on to passable. We just moved in. There are boxes everywhere!

Or were everywhere. They is now only a smallish mound in the garage...if you don't count my office.


My next task!


No comments:

Post a Comment