Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Romp Through the Inspiration Files

While I'm on the subject of inspiration, I was looking at my inspiration folder on Pinterest to try to get some ideas for a sweater or shawl design.

Here's what jumped out at me this morning..

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/fd/07/02/fd07024ace7719b0b0ad23da11e76ecc.jpg



When I step back and look at these selections, I see a couple of things.....
  • Gradation of colors...more than one shade/tone of the same hue..which adds depth.
  • Symmetrical placement of patterning...not a necessity, but adds an orderly rhythm to the design.
  • Warm rich earth tones...which remind me of Fall!

What do you see? What patterns inspire you...either one of these ...or from your own inspiration file? 

Varian
brandonknittingdesigns.com
Ravelry: varianbrandon

No comments:

Post a Comment