Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Elfin Tweed and Bull Elk

Today...I have a slightly different type of inspiration...actually a detour of sorts.

Last week, my husband and I went with some friends to watch the elk in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park at Cataloochee. It was about a 40 minute drive from here is Saluda...but well worth it.

Adolescent male

Young male 

We watched a small grouping makes their way down the valley. They were lead by a huge bull who ferociously protected his females and young ones from a rather desperate younger male who wanted a wife. As a group, they were almost totally oblivious to the humans who were less than 50 feet away. So picture taking was fairly easy. At one point, I thought the bull and the interloping adolescent male were going to go at it right where we were standing. What an evening!

Bull elk

Females with young

Bull with group


Ok, thanks for letting me take that detour.

Now, back to knitting....we've talked about inspiration from past experiences and inspiration from other patterns. It's now time to look a little closer to home.

Since I am trying to get a direction for projects in the future, I have been looking at the designs I have currently in my Ravelry store.

By my count...11 cowls, 9 hats, 13 sweaters (5 vests, 2 cardigans, 6 pullovers) ..but no shawls.

So I'm going to try a shawl...

I've picked out some Fall-ish colors...

Knit One, Crochet Two Elfin Tweed

...and I'm on my way. I'll let you know how it goes.

Varian
brandonknittingdesigns.com
Ravelry: varianbrandon

No comments:

Post a Comment